Mother nature may control the elements outside of your car, but inside your vehicle you are in control.
The ability to create your own climate is a luxury one should never be without. Regular checks on your air conditioning system will insure you remain in control and keep the unwanted pollution, fumes and noise out of harms way.
A serviced air conditioning system is also an important safety feature. When comfortable, you can have a higher level of concentration and so drive more safely. Passengers can stay fresh and more relaxed allowing all to enjoy what ever journey you take.
1. Run your air con system regularly, In fact most systems are designed to be run all the time, winter and summer. In doing so the system will be properly lubricated. You’ll get the best from your air conditioning system and enjoy travelling in your own climate, no matter what’s happening outside.
2. If you don’t have the air conditioning on all the time, you should run it for at least 10 minutes every week throughout the year. So you keep it running efficiently
3. Have your air con system serviced annually or at least every two years or 24,000 miles is the maximum you should sensibly leave it.
Like all aspects of a vehicle, your air conditioning needs to be checked and maintained at regular intervals to perform to the high standards expected. Failure to care for your system can result in:
– Watery eyes, sneezing and coughing caused by particles in the recycled air
– Unpleasant mouldy odours when using the system
– Poor performance from the system
– Windows can become steamed up
– Increased fuel consumption
– More expensive repairs as a result of corrosion and wear
A thorough inspection specifically designed to find any faults or failings in the system before they affect performance and cause expensive damage. The service includes:
– A comprehensive operational inspection
– A visual inspection of the air conditioning system for damage and contamination
– Inspection for leaks
– A technical performance check
– A detailed inspection report